Game is available here (Java Applet version)
Gameplay is the same as Sorcerer4K (just kill ghosts along levels…), because the main goal was to update the rendering process to 3D. I hope that rendering is fast enough for the game to be playable.
Rendering process works like this :
- Extract visible portion of the “World” VoxelBox in a “Frustum” VoxelBox
- Add UI messages et informations in Frustum VoxelBox (life, ghosts left, messages…)
- Create a shadow map of the Frustum VoxelBox
- Check and render visible blocks of the Frustum VoxelBox
Rendering process calculates :
- a shadow map from the Frustum VoxelBox
- a diffuse color for each face
- a shadow value per face and a ambient occlusion factor per vertex
- Finally the combination of all these values gives the final picture
I’ve also added sounds just to test, it’s working, but I find them a bit boring during game (need a option to deactivate them !)
Now, I want to make a game engine from this version (lots of work…).
Next step, organizing source code in packages (Renderer, Scene, Entities, Model, Physics, Controller, Resources…)